CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Living Waters 5K

This weekend, my brother talked me into running a 5k with him. I told myself I would never do another 5K because they make me so nervous. Everyone runs so fast and it makes me a nervous wreck. I like long and steady races. Anyway, I did run it and had a good time.

My brother placed 3rd in his age group. This is a picture of him in is Alabama jersey and his son, Sam. Yes, he ran in the jersey! ROLL TIDE!!!!
My niece, Penny, helped me get my medal. I got 2nd place in my age group. Isn't she precious!! Here is Penny cheering her daddy on during the race. She is a good cheerleader!
My brother also got a medal. He placed third in his age group. Way to go, Bro!
Mr. David also placed. He got 3rd place in his age group.
Here is Mrs. Coon coming throught the finish line. My time was 25:59.
Here is my brother waving to his kids during the race. I wish I had the energy to wave during the race!
Mr. David finished the race around 21 minutes. Wow-he is a lot faster than me!
Here's Mrs. Coon trying to keep up with all those fast people.
Here we are waiting to start the race!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It appears you have created a monster with your brother talking you into another race. Wasn't his first race at the Dam Bridge? HHmmmmm..... you are going to be running alot!

Barbara A.