CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday's "Glue It, Do It" Problem

Every Friday, the children will work a problem in their "Glue It, Do It" notebooks. This is preparation for the ARMT Assessment the children will take in the spring. This test has open-ended questions that the children will write responses to in their test booklets.
The children must solve the problem using numbers, words, and pictures. I encourage them to tell me everything they know. My exact words are "POUR YOUR BRAIN OUT ON THE PAPER!" I tell them that I cannot jump in their heads and see what is going on in there. They must tell me everything they know when it comes to solving the "Glue It, Due It" problem. Not only do we solve the problem, we MUST explain how we solved it!

No comments: