CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Women's Half Marathon

I traveled to Nashville Friday afternoon to prepare for a Women's Half Marathon. It was a really neat race since it was only women running it. However, it was the hardest race I have yet to run! There were so many hills (I might should say mountains). When I had to climb a hill at mile 12, I thought I might not finish. We all survived, though!! Even though it was a hard race, it was worth it because of all the gifts we got. Our medals had a charm that you put on a necklace or bracelet, the bags were reusable, and our bib numbers had our names on it.

Here is the crew that stayed together at the Renaissance Hotel in Nashville. This was the host hotel for the race.
The JHES GANG!

Here are our first timers! They did awesome!

Jennifer Blevins and I before the race.

The post race atmosphere was like a wedding reception. There was table cloths, flowers, and music.
Me and Miss Bowling (Lindsey) resting after the race.

Mrs. Shelley and Mrs. Olinger after they crossed the finish line.
We had a fabulous time, but it is way too soon for me to say if I will ever do this particular 1/2 marathon again!

No comments: