CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Look At What Mrs. Coon Did This Weekend!




T

I got up at 4:00 A.M. to run 15 miles with some friends (because I am training for my next marathon in November) so I could be back to go watch my husband, David, run in a 3 mile race in downtown Decatur.



He got a MEDAL! David placed 2nd in his age group. He ran 3.1 miles in just under 21 minutes! The boys and I were so proud of him.


This event is put on every year to raise awareness and funds for ovarian cancer research. It is in memory of Brooke Hill who was a young and vibrant wife and mother of two who fought a tough battle with ovarian cancer. One of us try to participate in it every year.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sandlin said...

Way to go David!! I'm proud of you!! Mrs. Coon, let the class know before your next big marathon.