CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our FIRST Thursday in 3rd Grade

We read one of my favorite books today, The Kissing Hand. I am partial to raccoons due to my name. With that being said, I took this opportunity to do some "raccoon" activities. First, we read the story together on the elmo.
Then, the boys and girls looked at some non-fiction books and the internet to discover 5 facts about raccoons.

Next, they took each letter of the word RACCOON to describe themselves. For example, my acrostic poem would look like this:
R=runner
A=always on time
C=can run a marathon
C=cake is one of my favorite food (with lots of icing)
O=organized
O=obsessed with exercising
N=neat freak (The boys and girls came up with this one!)
Then, they spent time writing a story about a raccoon named Ricky.

No comments: