CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

CATCH UP TIME!

A TRIP TO THE ZOO
Due to the rain and chaos, I did not take many pictures!








MOTHER'S DAY
I hope everyone had a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY last Sunday! We had a great day hanging out together.
STEEPLE CHASE 8K
Last Saturday, David and I put on an 5 mile race at our church to raise money for the NCC, The Neighborhood Christian Center. Through sponsorships and entry fees, we raised around $3,500.00. It was a huge success!
20 minutes before the race started, Patton fell off the monkey bars on our church playground. Thank goodness, Dr. Stacy Tapscott was there to volunteer! Since David and I were about to start a race, we could not leave! Sweet Dr. Tapscott threw Patton in his car and drove him to the emergency room. He brought patton back with his arm in a cast and sling and some xrays of a broken wrist! It was total CHAOS!!!

David giving final instructions to the runners!
On your mark......

This is a picture of our finish line!

Look at my sweet co-workers who signed upto walk the 5 miles! They did an awesome job! I appreciate their support!

Miss Hardison, Mrs. Maze and Mr. Thomas running to the finish line!

Here is the whole JHES GANG!!!

My sister-in-law finished her first race today! This was her debut run!!

Here I am cheering on our first runner to cross the finish line! Jason Reneau of Huntsville was our overall male finisher. He ran it in 27 minutes and 43 seconds!! Yes, that is unbelievable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
You are slowly but surely bringing your whole JHES "family" and your family into this crazy marathon running!!!! I have to try to bring them all back to the other side. Could I tempt them with doughnuts. tee hee. You have done a really great job of combining fitness with fundraising! Congradulation on all your hard work. It is worth it.
Barbara