CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Watching the Inauguration

We were able to watch Obama take his historic 0ath today, but it had to be on this! Of course, none of our televisions work at Julian Harris, so we had to settle for this. I was determine that my class see this important event. I told them when they are my age, they can tell their children exactly where they were when they saw the first African American take office as President of the USA. I told them they could also throw in to their children that they had the sweetest, prettiest, and nicest third grade teacher ever! Just kidding! I will be satisified if they just mention my name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to hear that the children were able to watch the ceremony. Thank you for giving them that opportunity!!! It was an exciting day in Washington. Do you think Malia and Sasha had to do make up homework since they missed school today? Tell me, what did you think of Mrs. Obama's dress? Haha! I don't think you have any worries of Amanda forgetting you. Maybe she'll mention you when she is sworn in as President one day! Dream big!

Barbara Albrecht