CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My 12 Hour Run

My BIGGEST fan, Adrien! I have never been so happy to see a familiar face after 10 hours of running/walking. He even brought me my favorite drink, Diet Mountain Dew! I thoroughly enjoyed the lap (one mile) he took with me! Thank you, Adrien for the support!!
This is why I ran 12 hours!!! This race benefitted the Centers for Developmentally Disabled-North Alabama! Do you see the smiles on these ladies' faces? The pain was so worth it!!!

Here we are! Us three girls tackled this adventure: Megan Miller, Jennifer Blevins, and me!
Tracy Harris and Paige Dorr (not pictured) came out early that morning and ran awhile with us! It really helped the time go by!
This is a picture of us completing our first mile!!! Woo-hoo!!!
Around 11:00, I had already changed clothes and had to put on a knee brace. Shawn's (my brother) family came out to cheer us on. His son Sam took a lap with us. His precious daughter, Penny, took a lap with me! She made it one fun lap!!!
Shawn taking a break! This is after he completed 31 miles! Yes, that is a 50K!!!
Here I am taking a lap (one lap = 1 mile).
Megan and Jennifer walking! We could not believe the weather! It was gorgeous! However, since we have not been use to the warm temps and sunshine, we all got sunburned!!!
Go, Bro, Go! He is looking strong!
David did awesome! He completed a total of 50 miles!
Patton came out while Smith went to baseball practice. He ran 2 laps! Here Patton and Jennifer are resting for a little while! Patton took one more lap before heading back home!
Sam was back from his baseball practice just in time to run in with his daddy on his 40th mile!! Way to go, SMITTY!
Shawn decided to stop there and go eat some wings!!! Hee-hee!
I decided to give it my all on my last mile for the day! Sweet Dr. Reynolds paced me in!
I DID IT!!! I completed 45 miles!!!
These are the two guys that put this amazing race on, Jon Elmore and Eric Schotz! They did a wonderful job!!
Jamie Donaldson ran 78 miles during the 12 hour run. She came in second place. She held the record for this race until this year! However, she completed the same amount miles she did the last time she ran Delano 12 Hour. She is from Littleton, Colorado. She is a middle school math teacher! You should read about her at altitudeultrarunner.blogspt.com. She is an amazing athlete!
Here he is, Drew Burnett! He completed 82 miles and now holds the record for the Delano 12 Hour Run! He was truly amazing to watch.
It was a painful day, but GREAT! I am so happy that I did it!!!

No comments: