CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New Orleans Marathon

David and I finished the New Orleans marathon this weekend. It was my 9th marathon and David's 7th marathon. When we got to New Orleans, after a 6 1/2 hour drive, we ran into this booth at the expo that had 2 former Biggest Loser contestants.
They looked great!
Mrs. Coon being silly! I told Mr. David that I thought I could beat these two people in the race.

David and I hanging out at the expo.
My brother, Shawn, pinning on his race number the night before the race. We always laugh at him before every race because he freaks out about his race number being perfectly centered on his shirt.
The gang from Decatur after the race.

After the race, we enjoyed just sitting around! The music and sunshine made a perfect ending to a wonderful race.

Jackie, Megan, and I all bundled up before the race. It was quite chilly at the start line. Being a little nervous didn't help either.
Me and my boys after it was all done!!!
Can you tell that we were excited that this thing was over????
It was a wonderful race!!! I completed this marathon in 4 hours and 2 minutes. My goal was 4 hours flat. However, I still got a personal record. The last marathon I ran, I completed it in 4 hours and 12 minutes. I pushed myself and did all that I could do, so I am very happy with my time. I will just have to train a little harder for my marathon in April!

No comments: