CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My New Year's Resolution

David and I made two New Year's Resolutions this year. We have completed one, a TRAIL RUN! On Saturday, we head to Huntsville to participate in a 14 mile trail run! We now know why it was call "The Madness!" It is totally different than running on asphalt. Oh my at the elevation and the mud! I fell 5 times and almost lost my shoe in the mud twice!!
We completed the 14 mile adventure in 3 hours and 11 minutes. Our goal was 3 hours, but the last mile took us 27 minutes to complete! That part of the trail is named "Death Trail!" Now we know why. We couldn't run one step of it! I have never seen anything like it!

Perfect name for this RACE!!!

David's legs after the race.

My legs afterwards. I even had mud in my hair. It took me an hour to clean out my toenails and fingernails!

This is what we climbed up to get to the finish line!

On the way home in the car, I looked down at my leg and this is what I saw. We had to sit on towels in the car!

Before leaving, I tried to rinse off some of the mud in this creek! Boy, it was cold!!!
We can check that off our list!!! It was so much fun, and I can definitely see us doing it again. Now, we have to work on our next resolution, to become more flexible (Yoga and Pilates)!




No comments: