CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mrs. Coon Survived!

This weekend, I went to Birmingham to run the Mercedes 1/2 marathon with my brother and my hubby! We had a wonderful time! This was the best part of the whole race. My brother could not quit laughing. He has never had a massage before! I made him do it!
He is still cracking up! You can see I am laid out!

This my brother and I at the finish line! I am so proud of him!


This is me with our dear friend, Patrick Rasco. My boys call him "Uncle Patrick." This was his best race!

My brother and David comparing times and paces. Why do men have to be so competitive? All I care about is getting to the finish line!

This was my brother's first 1/2 marathon! He was so proud to finish. The past 3 weeks he has been recovering from a hurt leg, so he wasn't sure he would even be able to finish! He did it, and felt great! We ran about the first 8 miles together. It was a lot of fun! He finished in 2 hours flat!!

Here I am finishing up. I beat my last year's time, but it was not my fastest half marathon. That is okay, because all that matters is that I had a blast!!!!
I finished in 1hour and 56minutes.

Here is Mr. David at the finished line. He finished in 1hour and 35minutes. A whole 20 minutes before me! He is so excited because this is his fastest half marathon pace.

Here we are! My brother, David, Cheryl (my sister-in-law), and I wore Lance Armstrong "Livestrong" shirts for Cancer Awareness. We did this for my daddy! He was suppose to be at the race, but instead ended up in the hospital for dehydration. We were sad he did not make the trip, but we took lots of pictures for him!

This is the Decatur GANG that ran. This is US at the Sheraton before we headed to the start line. Our group was a lot smaller this year because of injuries, but we still had a crowd!
It was a wonderful weekend with family and friends!
I hope you and your family have had a wonderful weekend! Enjoy having Monday off!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was the massage before or after the race? hahaha

Barb